Typical Situation
Football could not pull my attention away from the writing tonight. But the writing hasn't been too spectacular. I've been picking away at Chapter One revisions--necessary work but it feels more like busywork. I have all the footnotes taken care of except for four, and all the pages look good except for three near the beginning that I want to tweak some more tomorrow. I'm going to browse the HBU library catalog a bit before I sign off for the night to make sure I pick up all the sources I need on my next trip for Chapter Five. If I can stop fussing over these revisions, I can get on with Chapter Five and finish that up in the next week or so.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blog Archive
-
▼
2006
(280)
-
▼
January
(48)
- Knocking Down the Wall
- Press Reset
- My Very Own Word Cloud??
- Back in Action
- Hattie McDaniel Stamp Debuts
- Slow Start
- 3000, 300, 30, 3 and Other Ramblings
- Get. It. Done!
- Procrastinating--25 Questions
- Ok, So Revising Isn't Terrible
- Quiet Sunday
- Very Pleased Indeed
- Library Day
- Chapter Three Takes Shape
- Quiet Storm
- Sad but True
- Me? Graduate Faculty?
- Seven or Three--Three or Seven
- Chapter Five--OUT!
- Back in Action
- It's a Holiday--You Gotta Comment
- Dissertation Unplugged II
- Dissertation Unplugged
- TGIS
- Taking the Good with the Bad
- Broken
- Fading Fast
- Intermission
- Healthy Start
- Hair
- Closer
- Late
- Keep On Going
- Ants Marching
- Five Weird Things Meme
- Gotta Go
- Keep On Movin'
- Four Things Meme
- Goodbye Morning
- Testify!
- New Day
- Before I Let Go
- Work It Out
- Typical Situation
- Live and Learn
- 9 Week Philosophy
- Bum Day
- New Year, Same Grind
-
▼
January
(48)
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education7 years ago
-
*waves*8 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
1 comments:
why not send it off to a less-specialised history journal. you work around issues gender & race & representation, right? why not send it to a women/gender history journal (like gender history), or to a journal that focuses on race and identity (like race & class)? i guess what i'm saying is why not send it to a more thematic journal that is more open to interdisciplinary work.
i am sitting here desperately finsihing some proofs before the editors come over in an hour. i feel your pain!
Post a Comment