New Day

It's a new day, Open my eyes and my path is clearer
New Day--Pushing ahead till my goal gets nearer


Alright today is the big day to finish these Chapter One revisions and dig in on Chapter Five! I'm going to try to make the Chapter One revisions quick because I know it will be the last document I revise, but I want to reduce my work on the back end and make sure my thinking on this whole project is clear.

Academic coach's post about turning dissertations into books was very timely for me because I keep going back and forth as to what I should do with this project. My gut is to go with articles because my new position seems to be more concerned about numbers of pubs. And I always thought my MA thesis would make a much stronger book project. But given that I've written this diss so quickly, I am wondering if I should pull out a couple chapters for articles and then reinvent the project a bit for a book. I know that would be more work so perhaps I shouldn't even think about that plan, but I have some ideas that would make for a much more marketable book than what I think I will have when I'm done. I know my committee will tell me their opinions at my defense, but I'm trying to prepare myself now. If I need to make the major changes am I thinking of for a book (if a book is better), then finishing soon becomes important also so I can start on my book project before classes start. Hmmm..I have to marinate on this whole thing some more...

Back to work.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the helpful post and reminder to go over to academic coach.

your energy has been inspiring lately. sometimes it feels like an infusion! (hope you don't feel the drain -- I don't think it works like physics!)