Keep On Going

So I got to keep on going on
And I can't stop for nothing
So I got to keep on going on and on and on


One of my favorite Vivian Green songs. Don't know why I've been feeling so musical lately. It's a phase--it will pass. But I like this song because it's very much me:

I've gotta hold my head up high
Can't settle for just a little bit of sky
Can't be afraid to spread my wings and fly
I've gotta turn my dreams into life


So maybe I'm not in a rut--at least not one I can't climb out of. Being at the computer all day--as depressing as it is at times--is an expression of my inability to settle for less than my dreams. I want this PhD and it will be mine very soon.

So I got to keep on going on and on and on

Good news is that I'm about 1500 words into Chapter Five; Bad news is that is just one of the three sections I need to finish. I should finish this section shortly and I'll start on next one tonight. I most likely won't get to the revisions and conclusion that I need to do until tomorrow, but that's okay. As long as I keep on going on.

0 comments: