Seven or Three--Three or Seven

I keep going back and forth in my head about which chapter I should tackle next. Chapters Seven and Three are the last two I have to write. Chapter Three is the most historical of my content chapters, dealing with the 1950s, while Chapter Seven is a discussion of local political activities that occured just last year. Unlike any of my previous chapters, I do not have anything drafted on these two. What I must decide, and quickly, is which chapter I can get fully researched and mostly drafted by next week. Next week Dr. J is getting his wisdom teeth out and I promised him months ago I would be there with him. Since he'll be sleeping a lot while I'm there, I'll have plenty of time to finish writing the chapter--I just don't want to have to take any heavy research/books with me to his place.

I think I may be leaning towards Chapter Three. Given its historical nature, Chapter Three is going to be research intensive, but I think I can get that done in the next few days. I have a copy of the speech I'm analyzing so at most, I'll have to take it with me. Chapter Seven may be shorter and quicker BUT I have not decided which text I'm going to use for it yet. So I think it is most practical for me to begin work on Chapter Three while figuring out what to do in Chapter Seven.

So Three first, then Seven. Gracious. Today I will get organized:
  1. I have quite a few articles here in the office already but I need to pull them out and put away the stuff I used for Chapter Five.
  2. I will look at books that I need to tackle at the library and plan to make tomorrow a library day.
  3. I will begin outlining ideas for Chapter Three and read through the speech a few more times.
  4. Since I probably won't do any major writing today--I will take care of some formatting issues I'm having. I've been putting it off, but now is the time to really make sure my formatting is together.
I think that's it for today. I have a sorority meeting tonight so today is a good day for a shorter than usual working day.

0 comments: