Ok, So Revising Isn't Terrible

I'm glad I took a break earlier to blog--it seemed to clear my thinking on the revision process. In a true re-visioning fashion, I saw the chapter differently than what I was originally thinking. Chapter Three now has five sections. I pushed the early bio information into the intro and have rethought sections 2 and 3. Section 2 is completed--it continues the bio but uses her early life in the West to discuss Progressive era politics. Section 3 I will have to finish tomorrow because it is going to be long. I parallel changes in her personal politics, from Republican to Democratic to Progressive, to parallel changes in the politics of Blacks on the West as they desired to support political candidates with more enlightened racial policies. The chapter has better balance now. Once I finish Section 3, I'll go into Section 4 which is the meaty analysis of her speech. I wrote out a preliminary conclusion tonight (Section 5) and all I will need to add to it is a summary of my analysis in Section 4. So my energy is back up--Chapter Three is coming together quickly--17 pages of organized text so far! Praise the Lord!!

0 comments: