3000, 300, 30, 3 and Other Ramblings

1) Welcome to my 3000th visitor from Louisiana--you win a prize!! Ok, not really but Hi. Wish I had a balloon drop for you. Am I the only person who at some point has wished they would walk into the store and be that ####th customer who gets some great prize and a balloon drop?? Perhaps I watch too much television--that does not sound like the stuff of real life.

2) I am very much looking forward to taking my 300 mile trip to see Dr. J, even on the occasion of his having to have his wisdom teeth taken out. I miss him dearly and it has been too long since I've seen him. I pray that this process is not preparing us for the dreaded long-distance marriage of two (temporary) academics. I think both of us will leave academia eventually but that's another post.

3) Can't believe I only have 30 days to finish drafting and all revision work to even have a chance to graduate in May. I feel like I'm quickly pulling together my end of the bargain. But so much depends on the feedback turnaround of the CoChairs, which to date has been...mixed.

4) Chapter Three is a growing beast. Section Four took me ALL day. That sucks but the chapter looks good. 25 pages so far--a good length considering I still need to plug in my analysis tomorrow.

Time for sleep so I can get up and hit the library.

0 comments: