Back in Action

I had an excellent trip to see Granny. She is in wonderful spirits as always and her pain seems to be minimal as long as the nurses don't fuss with her leg. We had a grand time hanging out at the hospital and I was with her when she was transported to the rehab center yesterday. I helped her get settled in there and we just had a ball watchin "the stories" and talking about my mother and the nurses. I am in awe of my Granny's memory--at 80 she is just a marvel to listen to because she remembers sooo much. I think I must get my ability to remember names and faces from her--my mom is terrible about remembering people. In any event, she is doing wonderful--of course she is anxious to be back home but she likes the rehab center--as she told all the nurses, she was there 3 years ago and they treated her very well.

Seeing her was definitely a weight off, and it was a good time for me to go since my great-aunt's funeral was also today and my mother wanted to go to that. I did get some work done Monday--got around 1500 words and some revising in so I'm proud of that. I WILL finish this chapter today. To do:
  • Write two paragraphs in the body.
  • Write three more paragraphs in the body...sigh.
  • Add two new summary sentences in the last section.
  • Finish the conclusion (maybe two more paragraphs).
  • Clean up the footnotes/bibliography.
  • Final check for typos and wording.
I must get this off my desk. For real this time. I gotta get CRACKIN!!

2 comments:

phd me said...

That's great! So glad Granny is doing well. :) Good luck with that chapter!

RageyOne said...

Glad to hear all (considering) with your Granny. They are important people in our lives. :>)