Ants Marching

He wakes up in the morning--Does his teeth bite to eat and he's rollin'
Never changes a thing--The week ends the week begins.


I hate that this dissertation makes me feel like I'm in a rut. I get up, I shower, I putz around for a bit and then I sit down at the computer. Then, unless I go to the library or something, if I'm really working, I just sit here and work all day. I recognize that I could vary my routine more--I could exercise more for sure--I could nap less. But in the end, what unfortunately works for me is just endless hours at the computer all week and then a couple days of doing nothing. I just wish it wasn't so. I'm longing for the distractions of teaching and struggling to find time for writing--I miss the hustle and bustle of school. As my NewSchool's semester starts today, I can't help but wish I was there. It won't be long; but, sooner I finish this diss, the better.

Today's game plan: Figure out if I want to write Chapter Seven this week or finish Chapter Five. The latter would be the more efficient course of action, but I keep stalling on that chapter for some reason.

2 comments:

phd me said...

Does it help to know I'm sharing your rut?

Mon said...

Yes--tremendously!