So today I learn that I'm going to be added to my NewSchool department's graduate faculty--me teaching graduate classes?? Now when I applied for the position, I knew that there might be an opportunity to do graduate coursework in the FUTURE. But I was attracted to the school in part because it's the complete opposite of the huge graduate machine I know attend (or that is am officially affiliated with). This is a pleasant surprise though--I definitely wasn't expecting it now. The graduate program is very young and small at this point, but it's exciting to learn that my new Chair wants me to be a part of it as it grows and there is more student demand. It is also good to know that he is very invested in protecting new faculty members so I will have time to develop my undergraduate courses first.
Cool. Me. Graduate Faculty. Has a nice ring.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blog Archive
-
▼
2006
(280)
-
▼
January
(48)
- Knocking Down the Wall
- Press Reset
- My Very Own Word Cloud??
- Back in Action
- Hattie McDaniel Stamp Debuts
- Slow Start
- 3000, 300, 30, 3 and Other Ramblings
- Get. It. Done!
- Procrastinating--25 Questions
- Ok, So Revising Isn't Terrible
- Quiet Sunday
- Very Pleased Indeed
- Library Day
- Chapter Three Takes Shape
- Quiet Storm
- Sad but True
- Me? Graduate Faculty?
- Seven or Three--Three or Seven
- Chapter Five--OUT!
- Back in Action
- It's a Holiday--You Gotta Comment
- Dissertation Unplugged II
- Dissertation Unplugged
- TGIS
- Taking the Good with the Bad
- Broken
- Fading Fast
- Intermission
- Healthy Start
- Hair
- Closer
- Late
- Keep On Going
- Ants Marching
- Five Weird Things Meme
- Gotta Go
- Keep On Movin'
- Four Things Meme
- Goodbye Morning
- Testify!
- New Day
- Before I Let Go
- Work It Out
- Typical Situation
- Live and Learn
- 9 Week Philosophy
- Bum Day
- New Year, Same Grind
-
▼
January
(48)
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education7 years ago
-
*waves*8 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
5 comments:
Thanks for stopping by my blog - I'm trying to circle my way back over from the edge of the planet that is the dissertation and will try and update it this week-end and continue to post at least once a week...or that's the goal.
Just wanted to say kudos on starting off as grad faculty..how exciting. I don't know you personally os this comment might seem a bit strange but having read your blog but you definitely deserve it. Congrats again! Cheers!
Awesome! It's especially cool to have a role in getting a new program up and running.
Super news! Congrats to you!
Thanks all!
LL--I think that's why I love this position so much--everything about it is new. It takes sooo much pressure off, especially since I'm coming from one of THE most established departments in my field. Granted, I'll be responsible for developing a concentration in my area, but I'm excited about going somewhere I feel like my contribution is just as important as everyone else's, ya know?
Congrats, Mon; that's really great!
Post a Comment