You can't be your best
You can't be your best
If--you don't eat a good breakfast.
I'm singing silly commercial jingles because I'm just floating right now. For once I woke up before 10AM when I didn't have to and I actually did some work. (The magnitude of this may escape those who don't really know me but suffice it to say this is Phenomenal and Extraordinary). I didn't look up those sources last night, so I've been scouring the library catalog this morning. I'll probably do a little more work here at home before going down to HBU library--parking is pretty bad down there now that school is back in session. But I'm feeling good about the day--my energy is up and I'm looking forward to completing this Chapter Five draft today.
But more importantly, Dr. J just sent me the most beautiful card in the mail. The card is simple and cute and he wrote THE most encouraging message to me inside. It was just what I needed; I'm just floating on cloud nine right now. I don't write a lot here about how wonderful Dr. J is or how I really feel about him--and to some extent, I don't know why that is. Perhaps after I finish this chapter, I'll write a nice long piece about how Dr. J has made this entire dissertation process bearable but more importantly, how he makes my life feel more complete....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blog Archive
-
▼
2006
(280)
-
▼
January
(48)
- Knocking Down the Wall
- Press Reset
- My Very Own Word Cloud??
- Back in Action
- Hattie McDaniel Stamp Debuts
- Slow Start
- 3000, 300, 30, 3 and Other Ramblings
- Get. It. Done!
- Procrastinating--25 Questions
- Ok, So Revising Isn't Terrible
- Quiet Sunday
- Very Pleased Indeed
- Library Day
- Chapter Three Takes Shape
- Quiet Storm
- Sad but True
- Me? Graduate Faculty?
- Seven or Three--Three or Seven
- Chapter Five--OUT!
- Back in Action
- It's a Holiday--You Gotta Comment
- Dissertation Unplugged II
- Dissertation Unplugged
- TGIS
- Taking the Good with the Bad
- Broken
- Fading Fast
- Intermission
- Healthy Start
- Hair
- Closer
- Late
- Keep On Going
- Ants Marching
- Five Weird Things Meme
- Gotta Go
- Keep On Movin'
- Four Things Meme
- Goodbye Morning
- Testify!
- New Day
- Before I Let Go
- Work It Out
- Typical Situation
- Live and Learn
- 9 Week Philosophy
- Bum Day
- New Year, Same Grind
-
▼
January
(48)
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education7 years ago
-
*waves*8 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
1 comments:
Oh, I completely understand the magnitude of waking up in the morning hours! Kudos to you!
Post a Comment