TGIS

Friday was a little rough--yesterday was a long day. I was up and movin from 8AM until around 3AM--craziness. I am thankful to have seen the day, but I am really feeling TGIS today.

Granny is doing ok.
She made it through surgery fine and now has a metal plate in her thigh. That's a little scary but she's ok. It will be a long rehab, but she sure is a trooper.

I am at the 40 day mark--feelin a bit like Noah going into an ark for 40 days and nights--I know that man had to wonder if he was ever gonna get out of that durn boat. I am trying to get out of this dissertation/ABD boat ASAP. I want to leave CoChairs at least 10 days to go through the whole draft and return it to me so I can make changes before giving it to the rest of the committee. I know they probably need more time than that but I hope I can be persuasive in encouraging them to move quickly next month. So that leaves me 30 days to finish the last three parts of this project, Chapters Seven and Three and the conclusion. I have a good idea what the conclusion will look like, short, so hopefully that will only take a couple days--leaving me 24 days for two chapters. Yikes--sorry I'm thinking this through as I type. I definitely have to finish Chapter Five today--let me get crackin on that and worry about the rest of my 40 days in the boat tomorrow.

1 comments:

phd me said...

Very glad to hear good things from your granny!