Today's library trip was great! Apparently, now that school is back in session, books are reshelved much faster by the army of work study students so everything I needed was where it was supposed to be today. That made for a quick trip to the stacks and left me hours to just pour through my books and their bibliographies. I had a wonderfully intellectual afternoon and I wrote about 1000 words in the process so I'm just feeling great about this day so far.
It's break time--back at home for some dinner. After I eat, it's back on the grind. I used the same technique on this draft that I did on the last. Rather than forcing myself to write straight through the chapter, I left some things in bold that just say need transition here or come up with a stronger summary sentence here. So now that all my sources are out of the way, I need to go back through and fill in those bold commands, write those last paragraphs I didn't finish yesterday, and come up with a conclusion. I'm using my phone meeting with CoChair #1 tomorrow afternoon as my new deadline--will I make it?! (Oh the suspense!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blog Archive
-
▼
2006
(280)
-
▼
January
(48)
- Knocking Down the Wall
- Press Reset
- My Very Own Word Cloud??
- Back in Action
- Hattie McDaniel Stamp Debuts
- Slow Start
- 3000, 300, 30, 3 and Other Ramblings
- Get. It. Done!
- Procrastinating--25 Questions
- Ok, So Revising Isn't Terrible
- Quiet Sunday
- Very Pleased Indeed
- Library Day
- Chapter Three Takes Shape
- Quiet Storm
- Sad but True
- Me? Graduate Faculty?
- Seven or Three--Three or Seven
- Chapter Five--OUT!
- Back in Action
- It's a Holiday--You Gotta Comment
- Dissertation Unplugged II
- Dissertation Unplugged
- TGIS
- Taking the Good with the Bad
- Broken
- Fading Fast
- Intermission
- Healthy Start
- Hair
- Closer
- Late
- Keep On Going
- Ants Marching
- Five Weird Things Meme
- Gotta Go
- Keep On Movin'
- Four Things Meme
- Goodbye Morning
- Testify!
- New Day
- Before I Let Go
- Work It Out
- Typical Situation
- Live and Learn
- 9 Week Philosophy
- Bum Day
- New Year, Same Grind
-
▼
January
(48)
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education7 years ago
-
*waves*8 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
0 comments:
Post a Comment