It is just getting dark here and I arrived home not too long ago from HBU library. After taking forever to get out of bed this morning, I putzed around the house a bit before spending a few hours at the library. I went to get some more sources to fill in Chapter Three--which I did very well. But I also went to put a dent in the missing section of the chapter--my insightful analysis of this 1950s speech. Alas, I didn't even touch it. So this chapter is STILL missing its major piece. I was feeling a little bummed until I read the ever humble Professor Me's post today and she brought me some much needed cheer.
I must pack this evening for my trip to see Dr. J tomorrow. I think I will do that after some dinner. Then, it is back to Chapter Three. I have not heard back from ILL on my subject's autobiography (which of course there are only like 10 copies in the nation) so it looks like I am only going to be able to finish this chapter up to a certain point. My goal is to still finish what I can before the week is out, but I'll have to put it on pause and move on to Chapter Seven until I get that book.
Gotta get this dissertation out!! (Just for you Prof. Me).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blog Archive
-
▼
2006
(280)
-
▼
January
(48)
- Knocking Down the Wall
- Press Reset
- My Very Own Word Cloud??
- Back in Action
- Hattie McDaniel Stamp Debuts
- Slow Start
- 3000, 300, 30, 3 and Other Ramblings
- Get. It. Done!
- Procrastinating--25 Questions
- Ok, So Revising Isn't Terrible
- Quiet Sunday
- Very Pleased Indeed
- Library Day
- Chapter Three Takes Shape
- Quiet Storm
- Sad but True
- Me? Graduate Faculty?
- Seven or Three--Three or Seven
- Chapter Five--OUT!
- Back in Action
- It's a Holiday--You Gotta Comment
- Dissertation Unplugged II
- Dissertation Unplugged
- TGIS
- Taking the Good with the Bad
- Broken
- Fading Fast
- Intermission
- Healthy Start
- Hair
- Closer
- Late
- Keep On Going
- Ants Marching
- Five Weird Things Meme
- Gotta Go
- Keep On Movin'
- Four Things Meme
- Goodbye Morning
- Testify!
- New Day
- Before I Let Go
- Work It Out
- Typical Situation
- Live and Learn
- 9 Week Philosophy
- Bum Day
- New Year, Same Grind
-
▼
January
(48)
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education7 years ago
-
*waves*8 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
0 comments:
Post a Comment