It's like the flu, it's going around...
Four jobs I've had:
1) Retail Sales: I've hustled shoes and bras--both were interesting. Shoes was more of a hustle and lot more fun, but there's nothing like an old lady lifting her shirt in the middle of a store to remind you why you have to finish your education.
2) File Clerk, Receptionist, Secretary--various jobs of a clerical nature as a youth.
3) Telephone Operator--Working directory assistance for a military base--soldiers are funny.
4) Media Tech--My best undergraduate job because it paid well and we got to see all the newest movies first.
Four movies I've seen more than once
1) My Fair Lady
2) Aladdin
3) Matrix
4) Coming to America
Four places I've lived
1) Lived in the same house all my life growing up in the South and I'm back there now
2) 4 Dorm Rooms in college with the same roommate all 4 years
3) 2 Apartments in CollegeTown up North
4) The new job will be the fourth place I've lived
Four TV shows I've seen more than one episode of
1) The Cosby Show
2) Alias
3) Real World
4) Saved By the Bell
Four places I've been on vacation
1) Dollywood, TN
2) Times Square, NY
3) DisneyWorld, FL
4) Mariner of the Seas
Four blogs I visit daily
Check my blogroll--I visit most of those folks regularly
Four Favorite Foods
1) Chocolate
2) Shrimp
3) Sweet Potatoes
4) Bread
Four places I'd rather be
1) With Dr. J
2) My New School City
3) San Diego
4) A Resort Spa just about anywhere
The four CDs I listened to most recently
1) In This Life Together--Kindred
2) Under The Table and Dreaming--DMB
3) Greatest Hits--Lenny Kravitz
4) Dangerously in Love--Beyonce
Last four vehicles I've owned
1) Honda Civic
2) Honda Accord
3) Had a Saturn for a few days
4) Drove my roommate's car all the time in college does that count? A Toyota Camry
Things in my life that come in fours
1) Mom has 4 brothers
2) My wisdom teeth
3) Committee Members
4) ....
Amended just to tag j. dryden
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blog Archive
-
▼
2006
(280)
-
▼
January
(48)
- Knocking Down the Wall
- Press Reset
- My Very Own Word Cloud??
- Back in Action
- Hattie McDaniel Stamp Debuts
- Slow Start
- 3000, 300, 30, 3 and Other Ramblings
- Get. It. Done!
- Procrastinating--25 Questions
- Ok, So Revising Isn't Terrible
- Quiet Sunday
- Very Pleased Indeed
- Library Day
- Chapter Three Takes Shape
- Quiet Storm
- Sad but True
- Me? Graduate Faculty?
- Seven or Three--Three or Seven
- Chapter Five--OUT!
- Back in Action
- It's a Holiday--You Gotta Comment
- Dissertation Unplugged II
- Dissertation Unplugged
- TGIS
- Taking the Good with the Bad
- Broken
- Fading Fast
- Intermission
- Healthy Start
- Hair
- Closer
- Late
- Keep On Going
- Ants Marching
- Five Weird Things Meme
- Gotta Go
- Keep On Movin'
- Four Things Meme
- Goodbye Morning
- Testify!
- New Day
- Before I Let Go
- Work It Out
- Typical Situation
- Live and Learn
- 9 Week Philosophy
- Bum Day
- New Year, Same Grind
-
▼
January
(48)
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education7 years ago
-
*waves*8 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
0 comments:
Post a Comment