My internal Energizer Bunny is running on some Rayovacs tonight---don't act like you don't have some Rayovacs in a remote somewhere, the one you gotta tap the back first or put some tape on it for it to work. That's beside the point. Sad truth is: I'm not gonna make it to the finish line tonight. Sorry, no inspirational story this week from the machine that is known as Mon. But, be of good courage--it was a valiant effort. And that makes me feel good. I don't mind not reaching my crazy goals when I have productive days. So considering I put in a 12 hour day, I can live with another day of being behind the 8ball. Just wasn't quite enough. Not today at least. I'll see what I can get done before all my concentration is gone tonight--but looks like I'll be in bed soon and I'll be back at Chapter Five tomorrow. This durn conclusion is going to get on my last nerves (and its going to be brief when I eventually get to it!).
Looking forward to my phone chat with CoChair #1 in the afternoon, and I'm especially curious to see if the elusive CoChair #2 (who is a couple chapters behind CC#1) will join us. TGIF.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blog Archive
-
▼
2006
(280)
-
▼
January
(48)
- Knocking Down the Wall
- Press Reset
- My Very Own Word Cloud??
- Back in Action
- Hattie McDaniel Stamp Debuts
- Slow Start
- 3000, 300, 30, 3 and Other Ramblings
- Get. It. Done!
- Procrastinating--25 Questions
- Ok, So Revising Isn't Terrible
- Quiet Sunday
- Very Pleased Indeed
- Library Day
- Chapter Three Takes Shape
- Quiet Storm
- Sad but True
- Me? Graduate Faculty?
- Seven or Three--Three or Seven
- Chapter Five--OUT!
- Back in Action
- It's a Holiday--You Gotta Comment
- Dissertation Unplugged II
- Dissertation Unplugged
- TGIS
- Taking the Good with the Bad
- Broken
- Fading Fast
- Intermission
- Healthy Start
- Hair
- Closer
- Late
- Keep On Going
- Ants Marching
- Five Weird Things Meme
- Gotta Go
- Keep On Movin'
- Four Things Meme
- Goodbye Morning
- Testify!
- New Day
- Before I Let Go
- Work It Out
- Typical Situation
- Live and Learn
- 9 Week Philosophy
- Bum Day
- New Year, Same Grind
-
▼
January
(48)
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education7 years ago
-
*waves*8 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
1 comments:
Good luck, Mon. I do admire your drive. I have none of my own today. TGIF indeed. :-)
Post a Comment