The End Is the Beginning (Is the End)

Whatever happened to the Smashing Pumpkins?

So I've come to a realization. The end of my revisions are the beginning of my project which I fear is going to be the end of me. Rewriting how the diss fits into this other subfield should be simple. Key words--should be. Sigh. I'm pretty annoyed with this intro as a whole. The first ten pages I like--and the last six pages are straight. Everything in the middle is just raggedy. And don't even get me started on this new preface! I know what is really annoying me is knowing that there is still a good chance that CoChair #2 is going to kick this back to me again--which is basically why she wanted this last Monday--so I could do another round of revisions before the 22nd defense. I'm trying to just write through this new beginning and ignore that drama but I keep writing myself into arguments that I know she won't buy. I'm realizing that since I wrote so much of this draft alone--having to switch now to writing for someone is a huge burden that slows me down.

0 comments: