I'm soooo ready to see Dr. J; I'm depressed. I know that's weird, but I always hit a lull period before I see him when I feel like I just can't take the distance anymore. By tomorrow I should be all giddy and excited again.
I've been doing laundry like a mad woman--I can't believe (well yes I can) how I had let that pile of dirty clothes build up. It was truly a mountain. I'm on load #5 I believe. Ridiculous. But once I get that out of the way, I can start packing for the beach. I am going to start early so I can pack carefully--I don't want to go overboard with the luggage.
I also got a fun assignment from New School City today--I need to come up with a short bio and picture for the department website. That really was a good reminder that my new semester is coming soon and it is time to really get ready. I may take my new textbook to the beach as well. Nah, I probably won't. But definitely after the defense I will be getting everything in order for my fall classes and finalizing my special topics booklist for the spring!
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blog Archive
-
▼
2006
(280)
-
▼
May
(29)
- Jus a Lil' Work
- How Blue Am I?
- Little Dissertation Matters
- Summertime
- Better or Worse?
- Lazy Day Saturday
- Revelation(s)
- By Request
- The Whirlwind
- After
- Before
- D-Fence!
- Back 2 Life
- Over Already
- Beautiful
- Too Early
- Finally
- More Defense Thoughts
- Intimidating Myself
- Gettin Ready
- Rare Sight
- Something's Missing
- Oh Dear
- Eyes WIDE Open
- Recovery, Normalcy, & Anticipation
- Whew!
- Plot Twist--Hiatus
- No, I'm Not Through
- The End Is the Beginning (Is the End)
-
▼
May
(29)
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education7 years ago
-
*waves*8 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
2 comments:
I want to go to the beach, too! Have a great time reading non-academic stuff.
And I'm with you on the laundry. These days, it takes the back-of-the-drawer underwear and lack of favorite pants to force me to start the machine.
OH! I completely understand the depression before seeing the long-distance boyfriend, too. When I was dating someone far away, I always felt this way right before we saw each other. So glad you're about to see your wonderful Dr. J!
Post a Comment