Summer summer summertime
Time to sit back and unwind
Memorial Day is the unofficial summer kick-off day. My mother almost always hosts a cook-out for the holiday (whether I'm home or not). This year we had it on Sunday since some of the relatives were leaving town today. I ate and ate and ate yesterday--my mom put some magic into that chicken on the grill--and I hurt myself trying to eat as much as I could. My ravenous appetite (encouraged in part by some major hormonal shifts going on over here) did not go away in my sleep last night, and I have big plans for the leftovers today. Today is going to be a great day to just eat, sleep, and relax. I may get motivated to do some more proofreading on the diss (I'm halfway done), but I may just have my own little Alias (Season 2) marathon all day and let that be that.
Summer summer summertime
Time to sit back and unwind
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blog Archive
-
▼
2006
(280)
-
▼
May
(29)
- Jus a Lil' Work
- How Blue Am I?
- Little Dissertation Matters
- Summertime
- Better or Worse?
- Lazy Day Saturday
- Revelation(s)
- By Request
- The Whirlwind
- After
- Before
- D-Fence!
- Back 2 Life
- Over Already
- Beautiful
- Too Early
- Finally
- More Defense Thoughts
- Intimidating Myself
- Gettin Ready
- Rare Sight
- Something's Missing
- Oh Dear
- Eyes WIDE Open
- Recovery, Normalcy, & Anticipation
- Whew!
- Plot Twist--Hiatus
- No, I'm Not Through
- The End Is the Beginning (Is the End)
-
▼
May
(29)
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education7 years ago
-
*waves*8 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
1 comments:
Sounds like you had some good eatin'!
Post a Comment