Ugh. Waiting for this thing to start is horrible. Think if I go in early folks will mysteriously show up early? Of course, the last thing I want to do is wait in that room. All of our departmental rituals are held in the same room and it is really not conducive to being at all comfortable. The temperature is never right--the chairs always lean back a little too much. And for a short person like me, I never feel quite right at the table. So I'm in the computer lab with Dr. J trying to kill a little time. I'll go upstairs and check my mail and what not in a few minutes. I got a nice email from my undergrad mentor and I can't wait to call her when it is over.
Really I just can't wait for this to be over. Period.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blog Archive
-
▼
2006
(280)
-
▼
May
(29)
- Jus a Lil' Work
- How Blue Am I?
- Little Dissertation Matters
- Summertime
- Better or Worse?
- Lazy Day Saturday
- Revelation(s)
- By Request
- The Whirlwind
- After
- Before
- D-Fence!
- Back 2 Life
- Over Already
- Beautiful
- Too Early
- Finally
- More Defense Thoughts
- Intimidating Myself
- Gettin Ready
- Rare Sight
- Something's Missing
- Oh Dear
- Eyes WIDE Open
- Recovery, Normalcy, & Anticipation
- Whew!
- Plot Twist--Hiatus
- No, I'm Not Through
- The End Is the Beginning (Is the End)
-
▼
May
(29)
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education7 years ago
-
*waves*8 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
6 comments:
Good luck! :)
I'm very proud of you Dr. ????. You are an amazingly wonderful person and a great scholar!!! Unfortunately, the two usually don't coincide, but in your case an exception has definitely been made.
From the moment I first met you I knew that you were special, and I pray that every morning when you take that first "oh my God I can't believe it's morning allllllllready" look into the mirror you see the same lovely, charismatic, tough-as-nails, dedicated, determined, and beautiful soul that I see...everytime you glance my way.
So here's to you Dr. ???, be proud...you deserve everything and more that's coming to you.
The following is from me to you...
"You know life sometimes is filled with worry and regret,
And the things we just can't get over but don't know why yet,
But as we pass each obstacle we gain confidence and we grow,
Because what we once set out to learn... is what we now KNOW."
I love you,
Oooo, oooo, is it over now? I know you knocked their socks off. I can't wait to call you Dr. Mon!
I love what Dr. J wrote. It completely distracted me from anything I wanted to say.
Thinking of you...
I know you worked it out, Mon. Can't wait to hear about it!
I hope all is going/went well. Can't wait to hear....
Post a Comment