Rare Sight


Today was a truly first.
Nothing but empty chairs in the salon today. Just me and my mom--whole shop to ourselves. It was weird to be in the shop when it is that quiet. But it was also nice--gave me plenty of time to finish my book (Along Came a Spider) and to just continue the very normal tone of my week. Had a nice conversation with my stylist--we dubbed him Dr. Hair today as he has now decided he can no long call me Mon--I'm officially Dr. Mon in his book. That was cute--I must admit. After we left the shop, we went by my Granny's house (I don't know if I've mention that I get my hair cut in her town cuz I love Dr. Hair--that man can hook up some hair). Granny was doing great--she got her hair done today too so she was looking especially well. My mom and my uncle got her this new fancy recliner that helps her sit up and it was my first time seeing it. I could tell the rumors are true--she LOVES this new chair. But she's getting around really well and it was nice to see her as always.

Tonight I think I'm going to start another book--I can't decide between Grafton and Scottoline. I'm saving my next two Patterson books for the plane/down time at the beach. Something to break up the--sigh--dissertation reading. But no thoughts of that right now--back to my rather normal week.

1 comments:

RageyOne said...

:) I love the fact that I'm always my hair stylist's first client of the day. I have a standing appt. on Tuesdays at 2 PM and that is when she starts her day on Tuesdays.

If you want a pretty fast pace like Patterson then you should read Scottoline. Grafton's books tend to go at a slower pace to me.