
Even though our room wasn't waterfront we had a great view of the bay and the city skyline across the bay. The entire place was surrounded by water. So once we went down the elevator and stepped outside, on the backside of our building was the beautiful beach.

It was my first time on the Gulf side of Florida, and I really enjoyed the weather, the sand, and the water.
But now it is back to my (ABD) life. I have to finish reading through the diss again, unpack, repack, and fuel up for the long drive to College Town. I wanted to fly for the defense but prices were just ridiculous (going from one regional jet town to another sucks). So it is going to be a busy couple days getting ready for the drive/defense. I have all sorts of emotions, but the nice thing about the beachtrip is that it was truly calming for my spirit. At least for the moment, I don't feel anxious. I'm just ready to do what I need to do to get on with my life.
2 comments:
Wow, great pics!
I'm glad to hear you had time to relax and stuff, and just jealous as all get out that you got to do it on a nice Florida beach!
Good luck on the defense!
Welcome back!
When is the defense?
Good luck!
Post a Comment