Things have taken a turn. The May 22nd tentative defense date is now solid. Ergo, I have until Saturday to get a fully revised TIGHT clean draft in the mail to the full committee.
Ergo, I am from this moment on an all media hiatus.
I have a range of emotions that I'll share at some point later. Primarily panic as I have just a few days to reassemble the draft I tore apart in a pathetic attempt to appease you-know-who. This is where the rubber meets the road truly. Sink or swim time--pray for me!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blog Archive
-
▼
2006
(280)
-
▼
May
(29)
- Jus a Lil' Work
- How Blue Am I?
- Little Dissertation Matters
- Summertime
- Better or Worse?
- Lazy Day Saturday
- Revelation(s)
- By Request
- The Whirlwind
- After
- Before
- D-Fence!
- Back 2 Life
- Over Already
- Beautiful
- Too Early
- Finally
- More Defense Thoughts
- Intimidating Myself
- Gettin Ready
- Rare Sight
- Something's Missing
- Oh Dear
- Eyes WIDE Open
- Recovery, Normalcy, & Anticipation
- Whew!
- Plot Twist--Hiatus
- No, I'm Not Through
- The End Is the Beginning (Is the End)
-
▼
May
(29)
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education7 years ago
-
*waves*8 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
14 comments:
You. Can. Do. This.
Thinking about you and sending good vibes your way because not only can you do this, you will do this!
You can do it! Hang in there, and know that we believe in you.
You are the little engine that could. And this is the last big hill. Chugga chugga...
It is already done....God Bless.
Congrats, Mon. Maybe this is what you need. A solid deadline to just strive for.
Good luck, as I found out the printing of it all and distribution is a nightmare. But you are strong! Good energy your way.
Wow that's really being able to see the finish line. I agree with phd me - you can and will see this through. And then when you wake up on May 23rd you won't have a writing schedule to run your life....wow that sounds heavenly. Good luck in advance.
This is the last big hump. You're almost there. Best of luck.
Ok, Mon. Thinking of you. Hang in!!!
I'm so excited for you. The end is in sight. Yay!
I'm with the others: you can do this, and you can do it really really well!
GOOD LUCK--See you on the other side, Doctor!
YEAH - you are in the HOME STRETCH! :) Just remember you know your research/ document better than ANYONE ELSE. Good luck...I'll be thinking of you!
Hugs,
Jude
go!
I hope the writing is going well!
Post a Comment