Whew!

I've done some ridiculous things in my day, but this week is going to rank in the top five list of the craziest things I've ever done. I'll share the play by play later.

At this moment, the last pages of the defense copy of my dissertation are printing!! (Down to a meager 350 pgs ProfMe--including notes). I have been in front of this computer since I left work yesterday (12:30PM) so I am approaching the 24-hour mark. I've stayed up all night to work before but I don't think I've ever gone at it a whole day--this is some kind of a sadistic personal record. Let's not break this one. But it is also some kind of a miracle and I thank the LORD for the amazing way the scariest parts of this process came together.

I just took the world's most wonderful shower--put on fresh clothes that my loving Dr. J gave me for Christmas and as soon as this bad boy finishing printing--I am off to the copy/mail center. Hopefully I can stay awake and coherent for a few more hours.

But the good news is fam, it is finished. Amen!!

7 comments:

Texter said...

It must feel so good! Congrats.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Now go to bed. :)

colored me said...

You rock! Have a drink, then go to bed.

phd me said...

Yeah!! No, I mean it, YEAH! I meet Prof Me's pride of accomplishment and raise it another whoo hooo! Congrats to you - now you deserve a rest!

RageyOne said...

Yea! Before you went to sleep did you do the happy dance? I'm so excited for you! You've worked hard now take a bit of break.

Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Halelujah!
doesn't it take forever to print?

Leslie M-B said...

Congratulations!