Eyes WIDE Open
It was a lovely day--cloudy & chilly--but lovely. Why? Because for the first time in ages I have contacts again. I ran out months ago and never got around to scheduling a much needed eye exam. But I finally went in today and I can see! Except for the dilated pupils thing which is annoying because I want to get going on my next Patterson novel. The biggest surprise was that my eyes haven't changed--I just new this year of writing the diss would have changed my vision but it looks like my vision is holding steady. I trusted Ragey's endorsement and switched to the new Acuvue Oasys. I had the Acuvue 2 before and thought they were terribly flimsy. These seem light as air, but sturdy at the same time. So far so good! Also for the first time in ages I went to the mall today. Stopped in Old Navy and picked up a few T-Shirts for the beach next week. I hope it is warm down there. I think I'm going to hold off on major school shopping until after the defense. My best friend and I are planning a trip to New School City (did I tell you I'm moving somewhere with GREAT shopping) for early June to check on my place and to do some major retail damage. But for now, I'm home and the most lovely thing about the day is that I have nothing that I HAVE to do today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blog Archive
-
▼
2006
(280)
-
▼
May
(29)
- Jus a Lil' Work
- How Blue Am I?
- Little Dissertation Matters
- Summertime
- Better or Worse?
- Lazy Day Saturday
- Revelation(s)
- By Request
- The Whirlwind
- After
- Before
- D-Fence!
- Back 2 Life
- Over Already
- Beautiful
- Too Early
- Finally
- More Defense Thoughts
- Intimidating Myself
- Gettin Ready
- Rare Sight
- Something's Missing
- Oh Dear
- Eyes WIDE Open
- Recovery, Normalcy, & Anticipation
- Whew!
- Plot Twist--Hiatus
- No, I'm Not Through
- The End Is the Beginning (Is the End)
-
▼
May
(29)
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education7 years ago
-
*waves*8 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
2 comments:
I can hear the weightlessness in your voice! How nice! Congrats.
I wear glasses, and although I keep trying to commit to contacts, I find it hard to keep up with them. Part of it is the stress of writing, but I'm not sure I want to wear contacts enough. I have to use the contacts that are weighted for astigmatism...
btw, I started to write a response on my blog to the ghettos and canons issue. It grew to an unwieldy essay, so I'll need to cut it down before posting.
I love my contacts--I always end up looking too professorily with glasses--they always end up at the end of my nose LOL!
I need to finish my canons/ghettos post too--soon as I'm ready to use that part of my brain again!
Post a Comment