Went to see the late show of XMen3 last night--very good. It was a much faster pace than the previous two and it had a lot less character development. But I think the third installment in a trilogy should be the most action packed. I was out of the loop on the "stay until the very end" thing, but fortunately we were in front of some XMen nerds who were looking forward to the end of the credits. Very interesting stuff.
When I finally got in the bed last night, it was a wonderful feeling. It is a gloriously feeling to be able to sleep in and wake up without worrying about dissertation tasks for the day. Oh that was nice. Unfortunately, global warming disrupted my sleep because it is outrageously hot today, and I woke up because I didn't set the AC low enough last night to battle the morning heat. But overall, great night/morning sleep. I am definitely looking forward to having a very very lazy, lay-around-the-house day. Definitely is shaping up to be a good non-dissertation day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blog Archive
-
▼
2006
(280)
-
▼
May
(29)
- Jus a Lil' Work
- How Blue Am I?
- Little Dissertation Matters
- Summertime
- Better or Worse?
- Lazy Day Saturday
- Revelation(s)
- By Request
- The Whirlwind
- After
- Before
- D-Fence!
- Back 2 Life
- Over Already
- Beautiful
- Too Early
- Finally
- More Defense Thoughts
- Intimidating Myself
- Gettin Ready
- Rare Sight
- Something's Missing
- Oh Dear
- Eyes WIDE Open
- Recovery, Normalcy, & Anticipation
- Whew!
- Plot Twist--Hiatus
- No, I'm Not Through
- The End Is the Beginning (Is the End)
-
▼
May
(29)
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education7 years ago
-
*waves*8 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
0 comments:
Post a Comment