New Week

So I'm a little behind on my four week plan to revise the diss, but that's okay. I think I'm only now getting to a place mentally and emotionally and physically to deal with all the comments from CC#2. Hopefully I can knock out a couple chapters today and get to work on the Preface and new Chapter One by Tuesday. I'm finding that my writing isn't terrible--just the usual problems--especially using too many words for one verb.

Just a little bit ago, my mother asked what was the status on CoChair #2's comments--if she had sent anymore chapters. She was shocked to learn that I had received all the comments Thursday--"That was so fast!" My response was pretty much--mmmhmm--cause it's Sunday and after a good message at church, I was trying to be nice. But my mother, bless her, filled in the rest--"So basically, she just wasn't even tryin to read your stuff, cuz clearly she can read when she wants to."

Exactly.

But it's good to have a fresh start and I know that these obstacles are only temporary. Just gotta do my part and keep plugging away.

2 comments:

ArticulateDad said...

Plug, plug, plug. You're on top of it. Let the seething seep every now and then, so you can just concentrate on the work. Then... it'll all be done. And we'll celebrate.

RageyOne said...

The important thing is the progress you're making. It may not be what you expected, but if you're working, that's what is important.