I Want to Get Away

It's a Lenny Kravitz type of day.

I got some work done on the road and while Granny was talkin on the phone (she LOVES talkin on the phone), but I'm still about 1.5 days behind on my latest self-imposed deadline. The last few chapters need major work and it seems CoChair began to resent having to read all my chapters so late as the comments start to become a little more...personal in tone. It is a little tough to get through, but some words from my Wonderful Mentor are definitely helpin (we finally had our phone date today).

Still, I feel a little frazzled and unrested. My house was noisy with family yesterday and of course, the new shower doesn't drain properly so they're comin back today. I'm hiding at the bookstore but I really think I need to get away. I may pack up Friday and spend the weekend in a hotel or somethin--I feel like I haven't had peace and quiet in weeks. I dunno--I'll see how I feel in a couple days...

Back to editin...

1 comments:

RageyOne said...

That's terrible that the work wasn't completed correctly. I know how frustrating that can be. Hopefully they'll get it right this go round...