Much Better

On revisions--Ok, I could have felt a lot better hours ago about my evening's progress if I just started with the right chapter. I picked the longest chapter (Chapter Two) to start with because structurally/methodologically it is the least complicated of all my chapters. I knew there were no major organizational or content changes that needed to be made to the chapter, so I thought that would make the work go by quicker. Well, I definitely underestimated just the sheer length of the chapter and the number of citations I still needed to find for it. Geez. That took forever, but around 11:00 I finally finished. Being that I'm there, again, I couldn't just stop with that right so I switched gears to Chapter Seven, my last case study. And now I'm done. Just two hours or so--and it is ready for the advisors. Why didn't I start with that chapter??? Oh well, good way to finish the night's work.

On family--My uncle, Dr. Chemistry, is in town today interviewing for a new faculty job. It is a good boost to the spirits to have him around--he took a position out of state when I was in junior high and I don't get to see him often. The idea that he might be considering a move back is both intriguing (he left a job here he HATED) and exciting. He brought with him one of his latest home movies. Sometime last year he got into making picture CDs of our family events and now he has moved up to picture DVDs and actual movies. He's always sending a copy of something in the mail and he gets soooo excited about them--if you haven't watched it by the next time he talks to you, he gets really offended. So I couldn't say no when he asked me if I had some time tonight to watch his latest DVD. Of course I didn't have time--I didn't even watch Kelly Pickler miraculously survive another week on idol--but I'm glad I made a little time. His production skills are really coming along--he loves playing with music and rolling credits--its all very cute. This DVD featured my cousin who apparently made a home movie during Hurricane Wilma--very entertaining. Definitely worth the time.

0 comments: