Frazzled

The confusion and noise in my house with this "small" construction project has gotten to the point where I just avoid coming home. And of course, the less time I spend at home, the less I blog and the less I write in general. There is a lot of--I won't call it negative--but bad energy in my house right now. The normal flow and calm has definitely been interrupted and I just feel frazzled now. I spend a lot of time in the TV room with the door closed--like I'm trying to keep the bad energy out. And that is the only room I feel comfortable in. I've been displaced from my bedroom and there is a constant flow of traffic that goes through most of the house except the TV room--so perhaps that it why it has become my little safe haven. Fortunately, I have been getting some good reading/editing done on my draft--in the hours after work and at home in my new nest. I am finding renewed enjoyment in my project, and I have an updated plan for getting this thing polished up in the next two weeks (yikes)!

Tomorrow, I will do some more reading and editing after work, but since they are SUPPOSED to be finished tomorrow, I must start the cleansing process for my home. There is this thick layer of ceramic/wood floor/foreign materials dust over the entire rear of my house--and the floors have lost their luster from the unusually heavy foot traffic. So Friday night will be cleaning night. Saturday, I'm taking a trip to see my Granny and I'm very excited about that--I'll do a little more reading Saturday night when I return and should definitely be finished with this heavy editing I am doing on Sunday. I've outlined (by hand amazingly enough) my preface and look forward to getting that typed up next week, as well as hitting the HBU library to add in some new sources. Hopefully, the following week I can talk my mom and Dr. J and some other victims--I mean friends--into helping me do another proofread before I send it out again to the CoChairs.

As far as the defense date goes...it is still up in the air. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for May 22nd. Hopefully, I'll know for sure by the end of business tomorrow.

1 comments:

phd me said...

Do I need to come down there and straighten those guys out? Enough noise and confusion - Mon needs her quiet!