Copied from that Devestating Diva--elle, abd
20 years ago I . . .
1. underwent my first and only surgery
2. loved my first grade teacher--Mrs. Holmes
3. loved to sing Michael Jackson songs constantly
10 years ago I . . .
1. had the best physics teacher in the world
2. was still waiting for my first kiss/date/boyfriend ANYTHING
3. was elected senior class president
5 years ago I . . .
1. graduated from MidAtlantic U
2. was anxious about my first summer without a job
3. had a really really hard time leaving MidAtlantic City
3 years ago I . . .
1. was finishing up my MA thesis
2. had finally decided to stay at my institution for the PhD
3. was getting tired of teaching the same class over and over again
1 year ago I . . .
1. passed my oral and written comps
2. said that I was taking a break from "dating"
3. chartered a new chapter in my sorority
So far this year I . . .
1. have drafted a hecka long dissertation
2. have fallen in love with a beautiful man
3. have lost a lot of faith in people I used to trust
Yesterday I . . .
1. played hookie from work
2. watched Deal or No Deal
3. ate something solid for the first time since Saturday
Today I . . .
1. left work early
2. took a nice long nap
3. will work on some more revisions
Tomorrow I will . . .
1. wish that it was cooler outside
2. hopefully remember that my car needs an oil change
3. think about a trip to HBU library (which probably won't happen if I remember to go to my mechanic on the other side of town)
In the next year I will . . .
1. officially be Dr. Mon
2. start my new job in New School City
3. hopefully be engaged
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blog Archive
-
▼
2006
(280)
-
▼
April
(42)
- Good Sunday Meme
- I Mean Really Hurts
- My Brain Hurts
- De-Lurkin
- Puzzled
- Nursin
- Mon, This is Your Life
- Wikipedia Meme
- Home Sweet Home
- Well
- Still Survivin
- Survivin
- Good News, Bad News
- And One More Thing--
- Have You Seen a Few Hours?
- Another One Bites The Dust
- Not Happenin
- Not So Bright
- Much Better
- Rain Rain Go Away
- The REALLY Dead Women Writers Meme
- Chipping Away
- Day Off
- A Sorta Google Meme
- Here, Again
- On the Brink
- Constant Supervision
- Friday Poetry
- Canons and Ghettos (a preface)
- Canons and Ghettos...
- Not Really a Wall...
- Mad Real World
- In The Plantation
- Women Writers (pre-1800)
- I Want to Get Away
- Finally
- Friday Poem
- Frazzled
- D-Day?
- Mon's Random Bullets
- New Week
- Sick and Tired
-
▼
April
(42)
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education7 years ago
-
*waves*8 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
2 comments:
Ohhh Mon,
This is neat. I'm gonna do one!
By the way, if your MidAtlantic city is my MidAtlantic city, I feel your pain.
Tamika--I did not shed a tear when I had to leave Southern City and move to MidAtlantic for college. But I cried like a baby when I had to leave your city. I was so torn up I booked a hotel room to stay an extra night!!
Post a Comment