What a day. Quite a few hip hop CDs later, I am still picking away at the beast, and somehow, I haven't lost my mind yet--at least not entirely. I shouldn't be up this late especially on Easter Sunday for goodness sakes. Sunrise service is only a few hours away--sigh. But the reality is, I'm here, again. I'm back in the Mon Dissertation Zone. That dangerously productive area that has had a tendency in the recent past to wear on my social and familial relationships as well as causing even the most intelligent bloogers like Doc to wonder if I'm really just a robot that doesn't sleep. I know I need to be here to get this done, but quite honestly, I was ready to leave this space in the past. In fact, I'm quite angry to be here again and I've been avoidin everyone today for fear of lashin out. It is only in these very wee hours that I can concede--a few days in the zone could be a good thing.
Just sucks to be here--again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blog Archive
-
▼
2006
(280)
-
▼
April
(42)
- Good Sunday Meme
- I Mean Really Hurts
- My Brain Hurts
- De-Lurkin
- Puzzled
- Nursin
- Mon, This is Your Life
- Wikipedia Meme
- Home Sweet Home
- Well
- Still Survivin
- Survivin
- Good News, Bad News
- And One More Thing--
- Have You Seen a Few Hours?
- Another One Bites The Dust
- Not Happenin
- Not So Bright
- Much Better
- Rain Rain Go Away
- The REALLY Dead Women Writers Meme
- Chipping Away
- Day Off
- A Sorta Google Meme
- Here, Again
- On the Brink
- Constant Supervision
- Friday Poetry
- Canons and Ghettos (a preface)
- Canons and Ghettos...
- Not Really a Wall...
- Mad Real World
- In The Plantation
- Women Writers (pre-1800)
- I Want to Get Away
- Finally
- Friday Poem
- Frazzled
- D-Day?
- Mon's Random Bullets
- New Week
- Sick and Tired
-
▼
April
(42)
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education8 years ago
-
*waves*9 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
4 comments:
I hope you made it through the night okay. Keep pushin'! Just think you are almost there, YOU ARE ALMOST THERE!
Happy Easter! Take peace in what this day means and be blessed that you are at this point in your academic career. :-)
Thanks Ragey! I did get an Easter service in this morning and that was good for the spirit. Now I need to find something good for the stomach so I can get back to work!
"blooger" - I love it!
Hang in there, Mon. It sucks, it really does, but it's almost over.
Just checking in on you to see how things are going. Hang in there! You can do it! This is a temporary situation.
I'm glad you made it to an Easter service!
Post a Comment