Canons and Ghettos...

Dr. Crazy has continued an eternal conversation which she entitles "Canon Formation and Ghettos in Literary Studies." Her thoughts took me back to a post Tamika wrote a while ago.

As I work in these "ghettos," I should have something to say about this--right? Response is forthcoming. I'm not going to call anyone out, BUT, there are a few individuals I'd love to hear riff on this topic a bit--you should know who you are.

1 comments:

Mon said...

No disappointment at all! I believe we both have dissertation matters to attend to. Although Dr. Crazy's post is about literature, it inspired some dreamy thoughts in my head about a number of relationships around our areas especially the old "true literature vs. mere rhetoric" and
"true rhetoric vs. composition/public address studies" stuff.

I really want to address the issues of gender and race Dr. Crazy's post evoked for me, but there are so many disciplinary avenues this conversation could take as well (which brought some of your work to mind).