Under Construction

Why is there still plastic all over my house? Why do repair folks love to give you a window of time when they are going to arrive? Why does the second day always start later than the first? Why do people love to show up AFTER I get off work when I just want to take a little nap before working on the diss? Why does it still sound like they're tearing the place apart? And WHY for heavens sake does it smell like smoke????!!!!

A supposedly simple home improvement job is taking up more and more time and I am hugely annoyed and tired of all this banging. I can't think straight with all this racket. I'm tired and I have a headache. And I have a brainache--I got the rest of my comments today from CC#2 and I need to get to work. The comments demand more citations and research and while in a few spots I agree, it is starting to feel like I'm getting the Phyllis Wheatley treatment. There are also fundamental questions about the nature and scope of the project included in the comments that extend far beyond cosmetic stuff--questions that I know for a fact CC#1 doesn't have about the project. I could say more, but I won't because I'd just be whinin and complained about stuff that frankly is out of my control.

Bottom line: It is utterly exhausting to even think about doing this work right now and I wish I had somewhere to go and take a nap.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think there's an unwritten rule somewhere that says any construction project is going to take twice (or more!) as long as the estimate you were given. I hope everything gets done soon!