Long Day
I am still recovering from this morning's meeting. Not really sure how to process the news. My chairs think the work is defense ready but they want me to do some revisions first--we're talkin 4-6 weeks worth. I knew there would be some but I wasn't expecting to be shut down on an April defense. I guess the most frustrating thing is that a lot of the requested changes are things I could have been doing all along with more feedback. Plus, CoChair#2 is still not done reading yet--so the revisions are only going to grow. Sigh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blog Archive
-
▼
2006
(280)
-
▼
March
(43)
- Friday Southern Poetry
- Not a Hate Crime?
- Under Construction
- Sigh
- Today's Work: Ch 2 & 3
- First Look--Ch. 1
- Ready. Set. Revise.
- Hmmm
- New Look
- The Only One
- My Lovely Grandmothers
- 10 Things Meme
- The Itch
- It's Friday? Poetry Time
- Book Meme 2--Women Writers
- Gimme a Break
- Back Home
- Long Day
- College Town
- Oracle--Shuffle Meme
- Done! Wow!
- 24 Hours
- Get it Out!!
- Mornin Fun
- Chapter Seven--Gone
- Waiting to Exhale
- Labor Pains
- Slow and Steady
- Rough
- Me, Up Early?
- Friday Poetry--For My Sisters
- What's Going On?
- Change of Plans
- Long Day
- Good Night
- Hell Week--The Commandments
- Crunch Time
- Tag...
- Big Day
- It's Friday?
- Major Dent
- Housing Update--Square One
- Rise and Shine
-
▼
March
(43)
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education7 years ago
-
*waves*8 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
4 comments:
I'm so sorry that an April defense has been ruled out and things today didn't go the way you had hoped. I know how discouraging it can be to think you're almost done and then to be told, hey not so fast. I'm so sorry.
Hang in there, girl!
Oh, I'm sorry to hear that your defense will be delayed. Hopefully, the feedback you received is useful and will make for a stronger document.
Stay positive!
Oh, man. That's too bad. But at least it's not the end of the world. You'll get through it--just like you have everything else.
I'm sorry to hear about the delay, too. But if your work ethic recently is any indication, it doesn't look like you'll have too many problems. You can do it!
Post a Comment