The Itch

I didn't think it would happen so fast. I thought I would have to drag myself back to dissertation work, but the itch is returning. I keep walking by the big printout of the diss. I specifically put it on the floor in the corner of a room I don't walk in a lot during the day, but I have made several unnecessary trips by it this evening. I keep peeking at it--partly still in awe by the sheer height of the stack--partly out of a desire to pick it up and just go at it. I keep coming back to the computer thinking about research sites I could be looking at--thinking about articles I need to find--this is getting sad. Friday night--last thing I should be doing is thinking about the diss or any work related to it, but I can't help it. I'm going to try to hold off until tomorrow or Sunday but I must face the truth--the itch is back.

0 comments: