Rough
A productive 12 hour work day and I still don't feel like I'm closer to being finished. I know I am, but I truly don't feel it or see it. Too many incomplete things going on on these pages. Notes of "write more about X here" just don't seem to be disappearing. Yet, work is getting done in other places--just the WRONG places. This is so annoying. It has reached that point where it is no longer about page production, but is now a matter of connecting ideas, making arguments clear, and in too many cases, simply finishing paragraphs. Just have to hit it hard again tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blog Archive
-
▼
2006
(280)
-
▼
March
(43)
- Friday Southern Poetry
- Not a Hate Crime?
- Under Construction
- Sigh
- Today's Work: Ch 2 & 3
- First Look--Ch. 1
- Ready. Set. Revise.
- Hmmm
- New Look
- The Only One
- My Lovely Grandmothers
- 10 Things Meme
- The Itch
- It's Friday? Poetry Time
- Book Meme 2--Women Writers
- Gimme a Break
- Back Home
- Long Day
- College Town
- Oracle--Shuffle Meme
- Done! Wow!
- 24 Hours
- Get it Out!!
- Mornin Fun
- Chapter Seven--Gone
- Waiting to Exhale
- Labor Pains
- Slow and Steady
- Rough
- Me, Up Early?
- Friday Poetry--For My Sisters
- What's Going On?
- Change of Plans
- Long Day
- Good Night
- Hell Week--The Commandments
- Crunch Time
- Tag...
- Big Day
- It's Friday?
- Major Dent
- Housing Update--Square One
- Rise and Shine
-
▼
March
(43)
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education7 years ago
-
*waves*8 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
3 comments:
I'm still going to congratulate you for pushing through. I was looking through my thesis the other day, searching for a detail that would help this new study I'm designing, and I winced at how poorly written some sections are. So you'll eventually be really glad for all the time and effort you're putting in. It is hard though - hang in there! I hope you start noticing true progress soon - it's there - it's just hard to see sometimes.
You may not feel like you are close to being done, but I bet you are closer than you think. You are so close and in touch with the project that it may be hard for you to tell.
Glad to hear you are making progress. Keep it up!
I only wish I were industrious enough to work a 12-hour day--your work ethic is inspiring! And I'm sure that little by little, you'll see the results.
Post a Comment