Last post of the night--I'm going to shut down my computer because I clearly have a problem. But I wanted to post a little update about my Granny who broke her leg. After weeks in the hospital and two rehab centers, she is back on her feet and today she was released to go back home. We are all very worried of course about how she is going to do on her own, but my mother is with her tonight and says she is getting around like before. I know Granny was itching to get back home so I'm happy for her--I just hope she'll take it easy--but I do come from a long line of women who try to do too much (how do I write a huge great diss in 9 months and still feel like its taking to long--its in my blood).
I saw my other grandmother today, we did some errands and she is just a riot to me. We couldn't leave the house until her "stories" were off. But I look forward to the time when I can pause my world, not for academic stuff or family or kids, but just to watch my favorite "stories."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blog Archive
-
▼
2006
(280)
-
▼
March
(43)
- Friday Southern Poetry
- Not a Hate Crime?
- Under Construction
- Sigh
- Today's Work: Ch 2 & 3
- First Look--Ch. 1
- Ready. Set. Revise.
- Hmmm
- New Look
- The Only One
- My Lovely Grandmothers
- 10 Things Meme
- The Itch
- It's Friday? Poetry Time
- Book Meme 2--Women Writers
- Gimme a Break
- Back Home
- Long Day
- College Town
- Oracle--Shuffle Meme
- Done! Wow!
- 24 Hours
- Get it Out!!
- Mornin Fun
- Chapter Seven--Gone
- Waiting to Exhale
- Labor Pains
- Slow and Steady
- Rough
- Me, Up Early?
- Friday Poetry--For My Sisters
- What's Going On?
- Change of Plans
- Long Day
- Good Night
- Hell Week--The Commandments
- Crunch Time
- Tag...
- Big Day
- It's Friday?
- Major Dent
- Housing Update--Square One
- Rise and Shine
-
▼
March
(43)
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education7 years ago
-
*waves*8 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
0 comments:
Post a Comment