Major Work Done
I'm groovin on these revisions--finally. Took care of all the missing citations except for one that I completely forgot to look up today. I'll have to definitely head back to HBU tomorrow to get it. Now I can move on to the two major things that are holding up this chapter: the genre section (which requires reading these dull books) and the concluding section. I thought I was going to have three components, but I see now that the chapter just needs a larger concluding section to address the information I felt was missing at the end of the analysis. So the sooner I can get through these dull books, the sooner I can finish this bad boy. It would be soooo wonderful to have this done before I see Dr. J for Christmas. I'm trying to let that be my motivation, but there is a lot of work to be done. Unfortunately, this chapter is becoming another "Stay Puft Marshmallow Chapter" but I'm not going to fight it. If it is another 50 pager, oh well, the advisors can cut it down for me. I'd rather give them too much than not enough. My goal was to keep my analysis chapters short, 25-30 pages max, but so far that strategy is not working. The 800 words I added tonight pushed me over the 30 mark and I would guess it's going to grow by 5-10 more pages. This dissertation is definitely shaping up to be a hefty sized book. (I'll save my thoughts about book vs. article publishing for another day.) For now, off to read Book #2 before bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blog Archive
-
▼
2005
(177)
-
▼
December
(43)
- 2005 Meme
- Major Research Day
- Step Away From the Keyboard
- Electronic Dissertation
- Cute
- 2 Days 4 1 More Task
- Chapter Four--OUT!!
- Getting Closer
- Make it a Good One
- Winding down
- Merry Christmas!!
- Onward I Go
- 24/7 Dissertation
- Paper or Plastic?
- Realization
- Back 2 School
- Major Work Done
- Nerdy Things I Love
- Off to Campus
- One Book Down
- Yeah, I'm an Idealist
- Feeling Optimistic
- Just Keep Revising
- Revising Delays
- Sweet
- Back on the Grind
- Silence
- New Publication Plan
- Post-Birthday Blues
- Celebration Time!
- Distracted
- No Creativity in Higher Ed?
- Slow Night
- It's Here! It's Here!!
- Decent Workday
- It's Sinking In
- Get It Done
- Birthday Wishes
- Clean Up Day
- Sending This Bad Boy Off--TONIGHT!
- Small Steps--Good...
- New Look
- My So Called (ABD) Life
-
▼
December
(43)
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education8 years ago
-
*waves*9 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
0 comments:
Post a Comment