Post-Birthday Blues

I had a great birthday weekend, but I'm sad it is over so soon. I needed more time to celebrate. I did something I hadn't done in years--went roller skating. That was too cute. I did some grown up things too and got some great gifts (including my Bluetooth), but I'm just sad its over. Reality is back and the dissertation awaits me. I know I deserve some time off to some extent but it's really crunch time for me. I really want to make the May graduation deadline, which means a March defense--yikes. And I'm a little anxious that I haven't heard anything back from my chairs all week on the last thing I sent them. I have some job related thoughts as to why that is but I hope my thoughts are incorrect. I really gotta hit it this week so I can meet my deadlines for the month. If I can be wrapping up Chapter Five by New Year's I'll feel MUCH better about this whole thing. We'll see. I know I don't have to rush as far as my job goes, but I am feeling the pressure of my internal clock right now...And Dr. John is gone so hence, the post-birthday blues....

0 comments: