I need help. I have been sitting here pretty much since I wrote: 2 Days 4 1 More Task. I am understanding how a lot of my friends gained weight while writing their diss. I keep bringing plates of food and snacks back to the office--that's not healthy. Durn dissertation process is not healthy.
I could keep going for another hour or two--I really wanted to be done with this chapter before the ball drops for New Year. But I really need to stop. This is getting ridiculous. CoChair was not kidding when she said Chapter One would require at least 2 or 3 days of work. But that was not an instruction for me to attempt to revise for 48-72 hours in a row. But reality is, I think I've satisfied all of her issues. There are just one or two I'm going to disagree with, but she was right on in her comments. It's good to have helpful feedback. All I really have left to do with this chapter is find some more sources. I found the call numbers for about 30 books at HBU library that should help me out. So I'm all ready to go down there tomorrow.
But of course, after all this work today, I just remembered--HBU is closed tomorrow.
Sigh. Why didn't I take my lazy behind to the library today? Oh yeah, cuz I'm lazy. Oh well. Since I spent all day on Chapter One and it is pretty much ready to go except for the sources, tomorrow I'll spend my work hours on Chapter Five. After that, I'll head to the mall as my end of the work week treat--I got some Express giftcard money to spend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blog Archive
-
▼
2005
(177)
-
▼
December
(43)
- 2005 Meme
- Major Research Day
- Step Away From the Keyboard
- Electronic Dissertation
- Cute
- 2 Days 4 1 More Task
- Chapter Four--OUT!!
- Getting Closer
- Make it a Good One
- Winding down
- Merry Christmas!!
- Onward I Go
- 24/7 Dissertation
- Paper or Plastic?
- Realization
- Back 2 School
- Major Work Done
- Nerdy Things I Love
- Off to Campus
- One Book Down
- Yeah, I'm an Idealist
- Feeling Optimistic
- Just Keep Revising
- Revising Delays
- Sweet
- Back on the Grind
- Silence
- New Publication Plan
- Post-Birthday Blues
- Celebration Time!
- Distracted
- No Creativity in Higher Ed?
- Slow Night
- It's Here! It's Here!!
- Decent Workday
- It's Sinking In
- Get It Done
- Birthday Wishes
- Clean Up Day
- Sending This Bad Boy Off--TONIGHT!
- Small Steps--Good...
- New Look
- My So Called (ABD) Life
-
▼
December
(43)
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education7 years ago
-
*waves*8 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
0 comments:
Post a Comment