First, many congrats to Professor Me bka Acade(me) who has perhaps found her new academic home. I wish you well on a smooth and productive negotiation process! (And I'm considering your dissertation counter proposal--see the comments from yesterday).
We are down to the last two weekdays of the year and weekdays for me are always workdays. My orginal goal for these last two days was to revise my Chapter One. I should probably get going on that but part of me would rather start on Chapter Five. I presented a version of Chapter Five at my Major Conference last month. The respondent, who is a well recognized scholar in this area, believed that Chapter Five was close to "pleasing my advisor." Her only recommendation was that I really needed to work on a conclusion. That wouldn't take moreo than a day or two to finish. But I know I also need to beef up the biography section of that chapter so that it matches the others. Oh the conflict. Perhaps I'll split the difference and spend 4 hours on Chapter One this afternoon and then 4 hours on Chapter Five this evening. Hmmmm.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blog Archive
-
▼
2005
(177)
-
▼
December
(43)
- 2005 Meme
- Major Research Day
- Step Away From the Keyboard
- Electronic Dissertation
- Cute
- 2 Days 4 1 More Task
- Chapter Four--OUT!!
- Getting Closer
- Make it a Good One
- Winding down
- Merry Christmas!!
- Onward I Go
- 24/7 Dissertation
- Paper or Plastic?
- Realization
- Back 2 School
- Major Work Done
- Nerdy Things I Love
- Off to Campus
- One Book Down
- Yeah, I'm an Idealist
- Feeling Optimistic
- Just Keep Revising
- Revising Delays
- Sweet
- Back on the Grind
- Silence
- New Publication Plan
- Post-Birthday Blues
- Celebration Time!
- Distracted
- No Creativity in Higher Ed?
- Slow Night
- It's Here! It's Here!!
- Decent Workday
- It's Sinking In
- Get It Done
- Birthday Wishes
- Clean Up Day
- Sending This Bad Boy Off--TONIGHT!
- Small Steps--Good...
- New Look
- My So Called (ABD) Life
-
▼
December
(43)
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education7 years ago
-
*waves*8 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
1 comments:
Eight hours total in revision??? GAH!!!! I admire your stamina, and this probably explains why I get so little done on my own work, huh? :-)
Post a Comment