Today was a great work day. I realized that I have a little more research to do than I had hoped but that is okay. I accomplished my primary goals for today which were to get the books I really needed, and to start in on these revisions. I got in about 1000 words of changes tonight--that felt great. I've finished 2/3 of the first book--Jimmy Carter's exciting biography Why Not the Best? and I'll finish that before bed tonight. (This will definitely help me sleep).
Tomorrow I may need to make another trip back to the library--this time with more change in hand for photocopies :). I may go to the local university library this time around because there are a couple of academic books I could take a gander at if I can't find any good journal articles on-line tonight. I'm feeling good about this chapter, finally. It is shaping up to be my strongest thus far (I think) in terms of both research and analysis. I can't WAIT to get this thing off my desk.
Back to work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blog Archive
-
▼
2005
(177)
-
▼
December
(43)
- 2005 Meme
- Major Research Day
- Step Away From the Keyboard
- Electronic Dissertation
- Cute
- 2 Days 4 1 More Task
- Chapter Four--OUT!!
- Getting Closer
- Make it a Good One
- Winding down
- Merry Christmas!!
- Onward I Go
- 24/7 Dissertation
- Paper or Plastic?
- Realization
- Back 2 School
- Major Work Done
- Nerdy Things I Love
- Off to Campus
- One Book Down
- Yeah, I'm an Idealist
- Feeling Optimistic
- Just Keep Revising
- Revising Delays
- Sweet
- Back on the Grind
- Silence
- New Publication Plan
- Post-Birthday Blues
- Celebration Time!
- Distracted
- No Creativity in Higher Ed?
- Slow Night
- It's Here! It's Here!!
- Decent Workday
- It's Sinking In
- Get It Done
- Birthday Wishes
- Clean Up Day
- Sending This Bad Boy Off--TONIGHT!
- Small Steps--Good...
- New Look
- My So Called (ABD) Life
-
▼
December
(43)
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education7 years ago
-
*waves*8 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
1 comments:
Yes, get that thing off your desk. May I say, the peace of mind is well worth it. And congrats on the amount of work today - you always make me feel so slow!
Post a Comment