Just Keep Revising

Thursday was a slow but fruitful work day. I worked until 5AM. I know that working such long hours is not always best, but sometimes I need a long day or two to feel accomplished and to get myself working again. I also worked a long time on Thursday (into Friday) so that I could get some good personal time this weekend for Dr. J and for my sorority. The time with both was well spent.

I'm back into writing tonight and was pleased to find some information in an unexpected source for my section that I need to revise on the genre of political autobiographies. I was reviewing this book--Autobiography as Activism: Three Black Women of the Sixties (Margo Perkins)--for possible use in my Spring 07 special topics seminar, but it is not going to work for that class. Fortunately, there is some great work in this book on the political power of autobiographical writing for African American women. It is one of the few works I've seen that looks at autobiography in the Black community from a political standpoint. So I am pulling some information from this text tonight and working polishing the concluding section on this chapter.

My library didn't get the books in I needed to read today so I'm a little setback on my reading schedule. But I have plenty of revisions to keep me busy in the meantime--back to work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Glad to see on your busy "Things to do list" that you have allocated some time for rest, relaxation, and fellowship on Dec. 24 and 25th. The "academic Mon" hasn't completely taken over! Thank God!

Oh and by the way, I love the new look. It's bright and refreshing. Seemingly appropriate for Mon's budding new life.