Make it a Good One
It is the last week of the year. This year has gone by way too fast. So although I don't consistently make New Year's resolutions, I am resolved this year to make a resolution for the last week of the year--I need to make it a good one. I rested most of yesterday and reread the last half of my primary text that is the focus of Chapter Four. I'm glad I reread it because I definitely missed some things the first couple times through. Today, I thought about making my "return things to the mall" trip, but I think that can wait. I want today to be a great day of finishing my concluding section to this chapter. Tomorrow morning I will get up an proofread it and send it off to my Chairs. Then I'll head down to HBU library to get some sources I need to revise Chapter One. CoChair #2 promised that it shouldn't take more than two days to get through her revisions. I've been putting them off for months now largely because that's about 46 more hours than I really wanted to spend on that chapter. But I will give it my all Wednesday and Thursday so that I can send it back on Friday. Once I get these two out, I will be in the mood to really celebrate my first New Year's Eve with Dr. John. I'm not sure yet what we're doing but I'm sure we'll make it a good one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blog Archive
-
▼
2005
(177)
-
▼
December
(43)
- 2005 Meme
- Major Research Day
- Step Away From the Keyboard
- Electronic Dissertation
- Cute
- 2 Days 4 1 More Task
- Chapter Four--OUT!!
- Getting Closer
- Make it a Good One
- Winding down
- Merry Christmas!!
- Onward I Go
- 24/7 Dissertation
- Paper or Plastic?
- Realization
- Back 2 School
- Major Work Done
- Nerdy Things I Love
- Off to Campus
- One Book Down
- Yeah, I'm an Idealist
- Feeling Optimistic
- Just Keep Revising
- Revising Delays
- Sweet
- Back on the Grind
- Silence
- New Publication Plan
- Post-Birthday Blues
- Celebration Time!
- Distracted
- No Creativity in Higher Ed?
- Slow Night
- It's Here! It's Here!!
- Decent Workday
- It's Sinking In
- Get It Done
- Birthday Wishes
- Clean Up Day
- Sending This Bad Boy Off--TONIGHT!
- Small Steps--Good...
- New Look
- My So Called (ABD) Life
-
▼
December
(43)
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education7 years ago
-
*waves*8 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
0 comments:
Post a Comment