Onward I Go

Thanks for the encouraging words from those of you who commented on my post yesterday. I didn't realize how much I needed them. I got a wonderful "pep talk" from Dr. J last night too and I feel ready to take on this challenge. Finishing in the next 60 something odd days is not impossible--it's just a tremendous challenge. And Dr. J is right, I don't give myself enough credit for the hard work I do. So I'm just going to try and stay focused and see if I can do it. Worse case scenario, I don't defend until April or something--best case scenario, I wrap this bad boy up in February and defend in time to graduate in May. Man that would be FANTASTIC.

So today, I shop. Tonight, I write. Try to finish this genre section and dig into the rest of my revisions for Chapter One. Tomorrow I get up and hit the road to spend Christmas Eve with Dr. J and his family. No writing on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. Christmas Day I'll be here with my family. I'm slowly getting into the spirit (a little late I know) but I had to let some of this work stress go first. I'm looking forward to good food. But today, I shop and tonight, I write.

1 comments:

Genealogy Spice said...

Yup it's difficult to force oneself out of dissertation mode especially when reaching the finish line is in visible sight. But it must be done...although I don't deserve it since I haven't been as visibly productive I'm taking this week-end off too. Enjoy the break!