Don't ask. Suffice it to say, Chapter Two just keeps growing. Back in JULY (sigh, so much time...) when I started Chapter Two, I visualized it as having four major sections. And perhaps that's why I keep feeling like I'm getting NOWHERE with this thing. It just keeps growing. It now looks like it will take at least six sections to cover this survey. The good news is that I've made some progress today. I finally finished that last section-that-would-not-end (#3)--I've been pouring over it forever. So now I'm on major Section #4. It is looking like this section is going to be shorter than the previous two. I'm just going cover two more sources/figures (unless I just get inspired to do more) and I think that will be more than enough to cover the next few years in the survey. Sections 5 and 6 will probably be especially long since I need to treat both traditional and nontraditional politics in the late twentieth /twenty-first centuries. But I'll deal with that Wednesday and Thursday.
In other news, the journal submission is ready to go. I took a couple days to proof it (mostly being slow and lazy), and I found a lot of wording I didn't like and a FEW major typos. So I had to take a fine-toothed comb to it and I'm glad I spent some time doing that. The piece will officially be on its way in the morning. I'll get started on Possible Publication #2 after I finish wrestling this Stay-Puft Chapter of mine....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blog Archive
-
▼
2005
(177)
-
▼
August
(28)
- Almost There
- Back on Track!
- Hurricane Katrina
- School Starting Well Wishes
- Waiting to Exhale
- The Trade-Off
- Progress Was Progress
- Mental Distractions--What Comes Next?
- Just For Frankie
- Sustenance
- Chapter Two, Section Five
- Last Week of August
- Has Saturday Night Come to THIS?
- Long Day, Longer Night
- What Had Happened Was
- Stay-Puft Marshmallow Chapter
- Another Run at Chapter Two
- 11.5 Hours Later
- OK, Gotta Get This Off My Desk
- Five Pages!
- Why Didn't I Go To Law School?
- Better Start
- Teaching Philosophy Statement
- Libraries, Printers, and Sigma News
- Potential Publication #1: Problematic
- Balancing Dissertation and Publications
- Employed But Can't Spell
- Moving On 2 Chapter 2
-
▼
August
(28)
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education7 years ago
-
*waves*8 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
0 comments:
Post a Comment