OK, Gotta Get This Off My Desk

So as I mentioned in a previous post (Teaching Philosophy Statement), I decided to save myself some publication anxiety by sending off my nineteenth-century piece to a history journal. I was supposed to have this off of my desk by Friday--but I'm still holding on to it. I keep going back and forth as to where I'm going to send this. If I do continue with the idea of sending it to Specialized History Journal, I need to rewrite some of the literature parts (which are more fitting for a rhetoric journal). If I send it to Major Rhetoric journal, then I have to completely rewrite the arguments and switch the style (which I did in a version I started early last week). Either way, the piece also needs stronger organizational elements (topic sentences and transitions--which I've been working on this week as well). So at the moment, I'm leaning towards the history journal so that I can be done with this TODAY and get back to the work of Chapter Two. I REALLY wanted to be done with Chapter Two by now and it's killing me that this thing is still looming over my head--this is throwing a wrench into my plans of being on Chapter Five by Conference time in November. But such is my so-called life.

0 comments: