Realization: I'm bored. It takes a lot to bore me and the reality is I am B-O-R-E-D with this chapter. I typically avoid anything that looks or sounds like a literature review at all cost. And rather than being a colorful survey of African American women's political rhetoric, this Chapter Two has turned into one loooong, boring literature review. I think this chapter is an important element not just for the dissertation, but for the eventual book, but definitely not in its current (or near future state).
Tonight's work involved a lot of staring at the computer, reading articles on JSTOR, and very little writing. I just started forcing myself to type and went back to the old seminar routine of "write more about so-and-so" here when I couldn't write anymore. Total productivity: a miserable 500 words.
Still, I will press on through the quagmire of this chapter. Even if it means sacrificing the majority of my weekend plans. It won't be fun, but I'll do it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blog Archive
-
▼
2005
(177)
-
▼
August
(28)
- Almost There
- Back on Track!
- Hurricane Katrina
- School Starting Well Wishes
- Waiting to Exhale
- The Trade-Off
- Progress Was Progress
- Mental Distractions--What Comes Next?
- Just For Frankie
- Sustenance
- Chapter Two, Section Five
- Last Week of August
- Has Saturday Night Come to THIS?
- Long Day, Longer Night
- What Had Happened Was
- Stay-Puft Marshmallow Chapter
- Another Run at Chapter Two
- 11.5 Hours Later
- OK, Gotta Get This Off My Desk
- Five Pages!
- Why Didn't I Go To Law School?
- Better Start
- Teaching Philosophy Statement
- Libraries, Printers, and Sigma News
- Potential Publication #1: Problematic
- Balancing Dissertation and Publications
- Employed But Can't Spell
- Moving On 2 Chapter 2
-
▼
August
(28)
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education7 years ago
-
*waves*8 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
0 comments:
Post a Comment