This week is getting off to a much better start than last in terms of both personal life and academic work. I did work on the teaching philosophy statement last night, but mostly did reading on Wheatley and Stewart (like I needed to read anything else on Stewart!). So today, I shuffled around this morning, looked at job stuff, worked on the philosophy some more and then went to pick up the girls from their first day of school. Traffic was a nightmare. And I'm trying to figure out why they won't have books until the end of the week--what are they going to do all day?? What happened to homework on the first day of school??
Anyways, I came home and got to work. I've been making progress today and my goal for today was just two pages. I think last week I was setting my goals too high in my head, making me feel pretty steadily disappointed. So I have my two pages done for tonight and I'm going to work on them some more until I get incredibly tired or someone gives me a good reason to stop and socialize.
Tomorrow's goals--1) Enjoy the surprises the day might bring. 2) Track down my advisors to talk about job stuff and Chapter One 3) Write at least 3 more pages on Chapter Two. Sound reasonable??
Better Start
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blog Archive
-
▼
2005
(177)
-
▼
August
(28)
- Almost There
- Back on Track!
- Hurricane Katrina
- School Starting Well Wishes
- Waiting to Exhale
- The Trade-Off
- Progress Was Progress
- Mental Distractions--What Comes Next?
- Just For Frankie
- Sustenance
- Chapter Two, Section Five
- Last Week of August
- Has Saturday Night Come to THIS?
- Long Day, Longer Night
- What Had Happened Was
- Stay-Puft Marshmallow Chapter
- Another Run at Chapter Two
- 11.5 Hours Later
- OK, Gotta Get This Off My Desk
- Five Pages!
- Why Didn't I Go To Law School?
- Better Start
- Teaching Philosophy Statement
- Libraries, Printers, and Sigma News
- Potential Publication #1: Problematic
- Balancing Dissertation and Publications
- Employed But Can't Spell
- Moving On 2 Chapter 2
-
▼
August
(28)
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education7 years ago
-
*waves*8 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
1 comments:
I'm glad that things are looking up for you and that you have set goals that you want to reach. Thank you for your words and I am too, glad that I came across your page.
Post a Comment