Goal for this week is simple: Finish Chapter Two. I have a few fun engagements planned for ME on the 20th, hopefully the events will also be an opportunity to celebrate the completion of this chapter.
Before getting to Chapter Two tomorrow, I need to run to the library to look at the latest Chicago Manual (which I should own but I don't, I confess) and make sure the style for this article is TIGHT. I also need to find the latest issue of this journal (it's on-line but some of the front matter is absent from the on-line addition). I need to ensure that none of the submission information has changed from what's online.
Other than that, this week is all about connecting with my co-chairs and Chapter Two. Four to five pages a day should definitely get it done--possibly before the end of the week if I'm focused. That would be excellent so that I can start revisions this week as well. What I have written so far is a lot closer to a zero draft compared to what I wrote for Chapter One, which came out more like a first draft (lot more self editing going on with that draft). This time around, I'm "just" writing--and I'm okay with that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blog Archive
-
▼
2005
(177)
-
▼
August
(28)
- Almost There
- Back on Track!
- Hurricane Katrina
- School Starting Well Wishes
- Waiting to Exhale
- The Trade-Off
- Progress Was Progress
- Mental Distractions--What Comes Next?
- Just For Frankie
- Sustenance
- Chapter Two, Section Five
- Last Week of August
- Has Saturday Night Come to THIS?
- Long Day, Longer Night
- What Had Happened Was
- Stay-Puft Marshmallow Chapter
- Another Run at Chapter Two
- 11.5 Hours Later
- OK, Gotta Get This Off My Desk
- Five Pages!
- Why Didn't I Go To Law School?
- Better Start
- Teaching Philosophy Statement
- Libraries, Printers, and Sigma News
- Potential Publication #1: Problematic
- Balancing Dissertation and Publications
- Employed But Can't Spell
- Moving On 2 Chapter 2
-
▼
August
(28)
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education7 years ago
-
*waves*8 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
0 comments:
Post a Comment